View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gearbanger:
They lost my sale too, that's six. I was teetering back and forth between Doug's and Tri-y's. So when the dyno info came out basically proving the tri-y's were equivalent if not better than the 4-tube headers, I jumped ship and got the tri-y's. They should be here in a week or two. I can't wait.

Ccass, we appreciate your dedication to Pontiacs. But don't get too mad about people bashing other companies. If someone is doing a search on "Doug's headers" they are going to see all the positives as well as the negatives, and they can make their own choice. I am glad I saw both of these posts, especially about the coating issues. I definitely don't want to have issues with coating that I paid an extra $175 to get.

Also, if Doug or whoever is pissed, then they can get on here and straighten things out, just like the guy from Barry Grant did recently. I think he pretty well reassured confidence in his company by spending a little time to address the concerns rather than chewing out the people who were slamming them in private. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The tri-y's are made by Doug's headers...

1968 Lemans. 37,000 original miles. GTO clone. 462ci/KRE 290 heads. UltraDyne 280/288 Solid/850 Qjet by Cliff/Performer RPM/TSP 9.5" in TH400/8.5" 3.42 gears/3950# Race weight/12.58@106 at Bandimere speedway high altitude