View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 11:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I actually bought one off of ebay two + years ago. The manufacturer was Hi-Test Racing/aka Hi-Test Rebuilders out of California. They had a good price but stater was only rated at 1.4 kv. Most I have seen are at least 1.9kv rated. My last motor was a 12-1 compression deal.Unit came with shims,mounting bolts, and a gauge for measurering drive to ring gear gap. I wound up using no shims but removed a shim between the mounting block and motor to get gear closer to flex plate. There was a foul up on shipping and I recieved two starters !! Rather than having me return the extra starter they made me a deal I couldn't refuse. I just recently lost a tooth off drive gear. I think a under charged battery was the culpret. I called about getting it repaired. No problem,just send it back and it will require two days turn around time. I think I paid like $110.00 for one and then $79.00 for the extra. I judge a product not only by quality but service too. I'm pleased on both counts. There are lots to choose from now and prices are competitive. This is just my experience.

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..