View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 05:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pont3
First, we MUST keep things in perspective. The GTO was NOT intended to replicate the OLD GTO. The current GTO was a "fill in" until a new ground-up edition could be readied. It is the car Bob felt could appease us for the time being. If we consider the car for what it is and its intended purpose, no way can it be considered a failure. Before the car ever hit our shores its lifespan was known. It was a known fact that it would not sell in huge numbers, and that many would not accept it. But it was a good enough car to at least give Pontiac a V8 RWD performance offering since they had no RWD V8 platforms to offer.

Your opinion is YOUR opinion. Just keep the facts straight. Just like any other business, Pontiac must improvise ad lib to remain competitive and will eventually thrive again. Maintaining a dooms-day attitude will not contribute to a positive future.
DOOMS-DAY ATTITUDE??I never said that the car was doomed I just expressed my opinion on the styling of the car.Other than the styling the car is pretty much bullit proof.Theres a guy here in my town that owns a 2004 GTO and that thing haul ass.The 2004-06 was a fill in,thats were Pontiac screwed up.Pontiac should of never brought the GTO model into production untell they were 100% ready to build the car that they wanted.Again my opinion.