View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

years ago i took a pile of parts and turned a rust free 73 firebird into a 71 look alike white/red stripe/red interior ta.71 suspension,engine,trans,just a really neat looking car.we finished putting the exhuast on it may the 7th,may the 11th i was t-boned by a drunk driver.luckly we were not hurt and the cops showed up before i could hurt him.if it would have been my 71 4speed ta i don't know what i would have done.i have a ton of real ta's sitting around i'm fixing up.some to sell,and 1 or 2 to keep,but after that i'm afraid to drive a nice restored one.also i would not want to modifiy a real judge or super duty.i have a rust free 72 lemans someone put a 71 endura front end on.when i'm done it will have a 72 455ho pushing over 500hp,400turbo,4.10 12 bolt posi and i will drive it like i stole it and that includes back and forth to work.how many would do that with a real judge.i am with you on one thing,cloning or what ever you want to call it for fooling a buyer is wrong.over the years i've done a few,but will not sell one because i don't want someone years later saying he bought a car he thought was real and it was one i did for myself and someone down the road forgot to say it was a clone when he soldit.i both like and dislike where the money in these things have gone.i like it because what i bought years ago is now worth in the 6 didgets,but hate it because its hard to enjoy it when you are waiting for the next drunk driver.in short,they each have their place.a numbers car at a show and a clone on the street,but not a clone at a show or a numbers car on the street.just my 2 cents.