View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 10:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to YVEYANT

Their could be some problems associated with that down the line. Who is to say the car which the VIN was taken from was destroyed? It would be very difficult to verify that. When it comes time to register, there could be major legal issues and possibly having the car confiscated once it comes up the VIN/CAR is already registered, it is a chance you take and could come back to bite you in the behind even if you no longer own the car, I have seen it with 87 to 93 Mustangs when they were hot, a lot. As a matter of fact if any of you guys were into the mustang seen, (featured in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords around 1993) NYPD made an example of two Mustangs, one was a tag job, the other was confiscated for street racing, they painted the two Mustangs the police colors and was what they used to bust the street racers in as a point, if your caught racing or tampering with the numbers this is what could happen to your car. Strong statement!! I remember it putting a big dent in the street racing, people were scared of losing their cars. Police used to block of both end off the streets any cars in between racing were confiscated, you were lucky if you would get your car back weeks later in pieces, no lawsuites ever stuck, big write about about it in the local papers then. Division was/is called AUTOCRIME.

Ant
1967 Pontiac Tempest, GTO-Inspired

"What's so special about having Italian food cooked by a bunch of friggin Mexicans"
Paulie-
Rocky Balboa

"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it"
Braveheart

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...Wm0SlqN030.jpg

Last edited by YVEYANT; 06-05-2007 at 03:18 PM.