Originally Posted by surfnuke9
(assuming air flow rate and temperature is constant) It
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnuke9
In the cooling system, both airflow and water flow are variable
So, which is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lust4speed
1. Double the pump volume and the water only stays in the radiator half as long -- fine because it will loose the second half of its heat on the next pass in the same amount of time. Figures are not relevant since it is the overall concept. So your pump speed only increases 10% and you loose a little BTU bleed off, doesn't matter because the water is going to come back around 10% faster and accomplish the remaining cooling.
I like your comments. In this example, the water is in the engine a shorter amount of time also. As long as the temp drop in the radiator is a higher percentage (compared to the engine heat exchange) than at the lower flow rate, the total heat disipated is greater.

Quote:
While additional pressure keeps water from vaporizing, so does moving more water; and together they will probably eliminate problems.
And more flow through the block increases the pressure in the block. Assuming the restriction stays the same.

Quote:
Only reason I now run a smaller crank pulley and a little larger pump pulley is the fan speed that can be reached at full throttle manual shifts. Figure 6,000 RPM shift with a 8" pulley on bottom and 6.5" pulley on top as many Pontiac's were equipped and your poor water pump is spinning at close to 7,400 RPM at max RPM.
That's ok, water pumps are cheaper than engines. Also, I shift at 5200. It spends most of the time spinning 3000rpm or less (3.23:1 gears). When I changed my setup, from non-a/c, to a/c pullies it cooled much better at all speeds. Even though the tips of the vanes were surely aerating the water, and the coolant had no times to cool.