View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Senior Chief

I took a few hour today and pulled the front end. It's clear that the front end had been removed since bolts were either missing or loose. Total time to remove the front end was slightly more than two hours.

Major parts that I have for this are:

GM LS3 crate engine 430HP
4L70E (Has shipped, due next week)
Speartech Harness and computer
Edelbrock Engine swap mounts
LS series gas tank - Rick's Hot Rod Shop
Autokraft Oil Pan
Radiator with electric fans

Although I have quite a bit of the suspension/front end parts, i'm not going to install any of them until after getting the engine installed and running.

I have Global West tubular Negative Roll A-arms. These arms use a b-body spindle and rotors or 1LE rotors (5-4.75 instead of the b-body 5-5). I don't yet know what coil springs to order. I probably need to wait until I get the engine installed. Then I can weight the car. I am guessing that the car will loose between 200 and 300 pounds when completed. I have orderd Pontiac Rallye II, Steel, Chrome, 16 in.x 7 Wheel Vintiques from Summit. These have been on back order for almost 3 months. Although I wanted the 8" wide wheel the quoted time on the 8" wide wheels was summer 09. I plan on running 255/50/16 on the rear. I'm not sure what will fit the front.