View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well day one on working on it is through.

First I would like to thank Cheese Country GP on the tips on removing the trim. It's always nice to know how to take something apart. That way there is less risk of damage to pieces when you have to figure out how things come apart.

Also judging from the condition of the interior I still feel the mileage is original. But it's really no big deal to me either way.

Engine-Ear: I really don't know what the deal is about the knob on the ash tray, and no it doesn't have the dual ashtrays. As I was taking it apart I have pretty well decided that a majority, if not all of the remaining red paint isn't original. Also the RH door has had a new skin put on it at some time. There are some other things I notice but I will get to them when I put up the pictures.

joeg: I thought the license plate number/lettering was pretty cool too. It's just too bad that North Dakota has what must be one of the ugliest collector/vintage plates.

And yes, I will be painting it back to the original colors. Most likely I will be using a single stage urethane paint.

And now time for the picture show.

The first few are of the trunk with the mat and side panels. It's amazing how good these pieces are. The mat is still nice and pliable.

Now for a few pictures of the trunk floor. It is very solid, just some light surface rust in a few areas but NO rot. You rustbelt guy want to be careful not to drool over your keyboard when looking at them.

I also discovered an unsual piece in the trunk, when I read the writing on the bottom I knew what it was. Anybody else want to take a guess?

www.jandjrepairandrestoration