View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 07:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert C. View Post
Pontiacs in the Park was Great today. If you can come on Sunday you will have a good day at the track.

The car show had 50 to 60 cars in it. The Auto Cross was going all day. And the lanes were full most of the time.

BBQ was great, so was the band, (too loud for me)

I was great to see everyone again.
If it's too loud, you're too old.

Had a great time again this year. The rain largely stayed away. Hit a torrential downpour on I-95 just north of Richmond on the way down Friday and another quick downpour Sunday morning before the even started up again, but that's it). Missed some old friends that were coming and didn't make it, as well as some friends from the board that are coming evey year and never seem to make it. Made some new friends too.

The racing action was fun to watch as always, and the car show on Saturday had a pretty good turn out. Got to see a '51 wagon with straight-8 power (how often do you see one of them?), Jeff Raff's recently finished '64 GP Pro-Streeter (pictures do it no justice), a 71,000 mile original Fiero (V6/5speed), an early production Firehawk, a '66 Tempest Sprint with the OHC-6 and factory air (never seen one with air!), and so much more.

I came home to find out the air in my wifes truck quit working, so she used my truck on Saturday, only to find it with a flat tire when she awoke Sunday morning. Now I have two things to address this week.