View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh69 View Post
I haven't used fiberglass in high heat situations, but what I can relate to you is that I've had several motorcycles with carbon fiber exhaust cans (mufflers), and they are cool enough to touch. That has been the big draw for using them, no more burnt legs for your passenger. The end-caps and metal straps that hold them on still get hotter than heck, but you can literally grab the can with your bare hand. I probably wouldn't do it on purpose at full song, but if you bump it you won't get a burn.

Sometimes they discolor, or turn 'white-ish', but usually return to their normal color after they cool off. I've never had one warp or separate. Hope that helps.

On a side note, I also have a PT '69 Firebird, only a coupe. I am pretty much done, but I haven't had the time to post the build up on Lat-g or PT.com yet. Do you have a build thread going anywhere, I'm curious to see what you've done.

Josh
Josh
Thanks for the info, looks like i definately want to be on the list for one of the Carbon Fiber hoods

My bird is pretty much done (atleast till i find the next goodie to purchase for her)
I have not posted a build thread or even put up any pics of her yet
Hopefully i will post up some info on her soon, when i do i will let you know
Again thanks for the info

Bob

70 T/A RA III 4 Spd 3:73 Calif Emissions Lucerne Blue
74 T/A SD-455 TH400 Buccaneer Red 49.600 Mile Survivor