View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One of my first memories. Going to the Pontiac dealer and leaving in a brand new 1966 Tempest Wagon. I was three at the time. It was white with a red interior. I'll never forget getting in the car with my sister that day, and my mom turning around yelling at us because we kept unbuckling the seat belts. I'll also never forget my dads sad face as we left his 62 Impala Super Sport behind (his traded in, it was also white with red interior). We stopped to get soft serve ice cream. I dropped mine on the floor and it stained the carpet. Funny thing is every time I got into that car for the next 20 years I saw the spot on the floor and it reminded me of that day. For some reason, though, I got hooked on the looks of the Pontiac. My first car was a 66 Ventura with a 421, then a 66 Grand Prix, 67 Lemans, 64 LeMans, 67 Lemans, 68 GTO etc. Some of my fondest memories were when my dad and I worked on these cars together. I bought my 67 GTO a few months ago to restore, and I'm hoping my two kids (5 & 7) have the same types of memories with it.