View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm going to start working on the dash this week now that I got my front speaker issue resolved (a story for another day). So I pulled out the dash stuff and thought I would post some pictures of the materials I used. The original interior is code 217 deluxe sandlewood and I wanted to stay with that color. On the metal part of the dash I had the paint store mix up a pint of lacquer in PPG using the original paint codes (picture 1). I then painted a plastic card and you can see in picture 2 that it is a very good match to the original color on the steering column. Picture 3 is the metal dash after it was painted. The lip where the dash pad attaches was taped off so it is the original paint. After getting the lacquer paint I had the paint store mix up some SEM to use on the vinyl dash, console and kick panels (plastic). I didn't want to deal with mixing and having to clean a paint gun every time I painted something so I had them put the SEM into rattle cans. Picture 4 shows the vinyl dash pad sitting in place and its a very good match with the metal dash. For the medium sandlewood I ordered the rattle cans from Ames (sorry PY) since they claim they matched this to the PUI interior vinyl. Picture 5 shows all the stuff I used. The white sheet of paper is the SEM formula for the dark sandlewood. The windshield pillar trim in picture 5 was painted with the medium sandlewood paint from Ames.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP5157.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	210991   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP5158.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	210992   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP4274.jpg
Views:	143