View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

One comment. You have the 3.90 rear gear still in there (as far as I have read) and now with that 3.06 first gear in the 700R you are blowing right through the gear. No time to build torque or exhaust pressure. That's why you're seeing boost numbers in second. You are now loading the turbo. That's why the 2004R gear ratios (maybe not the strength of the 200 but the ratios) are much better suited to a turbo and work so well in the Buicks. With that 3.06 low gear in there I would drop your rear gear all the way down to 3.08. Actually the better trans would be a 4L80E although you have to watch the installation for clearences as the unit is physically larger. But a mildly build 4L80 will take a lot more HP and torque than even a well build 4L60 E/700R4 trans. Then a 3.23 rear with the 4L80 I think would make a world of difference. Right now you have way too much gear between the 3.90 and the 3.06 first. Now add in even a little stall and the motor is zinging way past any load in first. Believe me you have to load that turbo. Let it work for you. And with the lower gearing you will have much improved gas mileage. Especially with a lock up converter. Just my 2 cents worth. Mark L