View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 04:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Steve View Post
Hi Diego, here is one, found it on PY members UPC-WU2 GT37 site...interesting to note that the form under transmissions, notes 4 speed option not available with just the 6 cyl. engine, but the 400 engine options still list as Hydramatic only. That looks like it could cause some confusion if you weren't reading carefully.

As a comparison, the LeMans Sport/GTO order form, under transmission, clearly lists 4 spd N/A with the 6cyl and the 2 and 4bbl 400 engine options ...as well as under the engine option list showing the 2 and 4 bbl 400's as Hyd. only.

Dennis, that silver Tempest would be a cool find...so it still exists somewhere?
I look forward to any updates on your car...and any other oddball ones that may pop up too. Who would of thought 5 pages on "Just a 4 door."

I threw in a 4 door ad too!
70Steve,

Those are the early order forms that have the 9/69 date in the lower left corner. I'm sure Pontiac updated these on a regular basis as options/packages were released during the model year, ala the GT-37 for instance. I would like to know when Knafel offered their Magnum 400's to the public. Was it earlier or did it coincide with the GT-37 introduction. Maybe the Glasgo's could shed some light on this. I have quite a few PM's from folks that either owned of knew of a 400 4-spd 2-door LeMans or LeMans Sport, but no solid evidence yet either like a build sheet, PHS, or window sticker.

If I remember correctly, John Sawruk didn't know where the car was or even if it existed anymore. The original owner passed away and knowone knew the owner history of the Tempest. He was working with Jim Mattison to hopefully find a trail or an invoice sheet from that or a similar A-body. I wish I had more information to share on that Tempest. That would be one special car.

Deigo, do you know anything else about that car?

Dennis