View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 01:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff R View Post
No porting to the stock iron or HO intake in the runners, just removed a few "bumps" casting flash, etc.

Stock gasket, not the RAIV.

Peak power at 5800rpm's.

No spacers used, other than a 1/4" thick open gasket.

The dividers are NOT cut down, just added a small "notch" between the secondaries.

The RPM intake is not doubt a good piece. Where it becomes any better than a stock intake is a question we don't exactly know the answer to. At least on a 440cid engine making right at 500hp, it didn't show any more power anyplace. Of course, before someone mentions it, we cheated and opened up the stock intakes to the same size/shape as the rpm under the carb.

I also tested the Performer intake, once on the dyno and once on my old engine making 514hp. It was down close to 15hp on a 455 on the dyno and my engine HATED it. It didn't run well enough to continue testing with it after some brief street driving before heading to the track.......Cliff
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Cliff, now your numbers make sense, and I'm surprised you even made that good of a number on the RA4 intake.

Don