View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 01:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry H. View Post
Even IF the title says only 30,000 miles, why would it need a complete restoration? Why would the original engine be missing? And why would the original rear end be replaced with a Ford rear. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964-...item336c26974f

And even if, by the remote possibility it was the original mileage, with the car in this condition, would it help the sale? Not to me. I don't understand the seller's of cars in conditions like this would tout their supposed 'low mileage' when it would make no difference to a knowledgeable buyer. A pet peeve of mine.
mileage makes no difference to wether or not it needs to be restored. my 71 in my avatar had 26,000 ACTUAL miles and needed some resto from sitting 20 years. still has original ball joints.
mileage is something you'd question no matter what car you'd purchase regardless of condition. isnt it?
perhaps, probably, the engine, rear, and trans were replaced back in the 80's or early 90's when these cars in original condition werent worth anything. probably someone wanted to go racing w/ this.
maybe it doesnt help the sale but the odometer reading is something you'd ask about...isnt it? so he posted it. without original ball joints and other stuff there's no way to tell if it's original mileage.
looks like a cool project to me; but i'm no expert.