View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 09:38 PM

Thanks Greg!

Here is the finished quarter patch. I think it came out pretty nice for my first one.

Now I have another issue. I knew it wasn't good, but I didn't think it was this bad.... The left quarter looks like it had a skin installed a long time ago. They did a TERRIBLE job of attaching it. They used a '68 quarter where they welded a piece of metal behind the '68 side marker hole and then filled with bondo. At the sail panel it has more waves in it than a beauty queen in a parade. I guess they tried to pull the waves out because there are about 30 screw holes where they probably tried to slide hammer out the waves. They welded the skin on top of the sail panel instead of butt welding it. The outer wheel well has rust in a couple places. the lower quarter has minor rust and some idiot drilled holes in the quarter to plug weld the quarter to the trunk drop panel. To make matters worse, they drilled the holes too low. My question for you guru's... should I try to patch and fix this quarter, try a quarter skin, or buy a full quarter.