View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari Larry View Post
Good info Bill. This is from discussion with Pontiac Pat (Bill, you might recall e-mails with him). Pat is a '55/'56 Pontiac "expert" and a Rolls Royce "expert" (in my opinion). He has 55/56 Pontiacs, has worked with them for many years, and just purchased a '57 RR.

So he's saying the RR Hydramatic was based on the first single-range Hydramatic, not the dual-range which came along in '52. Quite interesting -- and seems odd they would use the older design. Here's what the Wikipedia Hydramatic Article says:

But according to Pat, early 90's were last years of building the first Hydramatic design (single-range and dual-range). Perhaps building a few of them would not be considered "production".
Hi Larry, you missed the flathead reunion! So my question to you is when are you going to start a theory thread on Controlled Coupling HydraMatic? My logic has it that 315 CCH works the same (power flow) as Dual Range, but the design of the guts is the difference. They hold up very well, can be modified, especially the cars that were ordered with the police/taxi cab HD trans.

Don