View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 09:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

More info and PHS to come...

The GTO hardtop I have spoken of is located in Monroe, a Cincinnati subburb on the north side. The owners name is Mark, he purchased the car in the early eighties when in high school, the original motor and trans were long gone and he had no idea the car was anything special. It had, and still has, a later 400 and had been converted to an automatic. He drove it until college and then parked it, it sat for twenty years when he decided to get it running. It went to a Restoration shop in Mason OH for brakes, etc. He spent close to 10K just going through the mechanicals and getting it back on the road. While at the shop one day, I looked it over and the shop owner told me the car had a 4.33 rear... I immediately checked the build date and when I saw the Pontiac built car had a June build date, I recommended they get the PHS. A few weeks later it was confirmed!

VooDoo Green
Black cordova top and interior
RA II
4-speed
Hood tach and gauges
Console
Ralley II's
Hideaway's

I should have a copy of the PHS this week.
Plans are underway for a frame-off restoration, no time-frame as of now.

I need to add... I am in no way involved in this project, nor do I know the owner. I know the owner of the other shop, that is where the work was performed and also where the restoration will be done.

My site... needs updated-
www.fastrestorations.com

68 GTO's (RA II, RA I, HO, convert, Pro Street, Racecar, etc.), 2 69 GTO Judges, 70 GTO racecar -10.77 @ 124mph, 68 Tempest survivor, 3 03 Aztecs!

Last edited by PaulatFast; 10-15-2012 at 10:07 AM.