View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtabi View Post
Recently purchased a set of Hurst aftermarket rims from Performance Years.

I called the tech department before ordering & specificly asked if there will be any surprise's with these rims & I was assured no surprise's, it is as described.

Yes I know they are not original.

Yes I know there will be more than likely some imperfections.

Yes I know they are not correct.

Wow was I ever dissappointed & felt VERY mislead when I recieved them.

Who would of ever guessed, my as described nere perfect replica of Hurst rims with CRAGER cast right into the rim!!!

Just is not right that a company such as the one that puts on this FINE forume has to deal there customers in this fashion.

Dont mean to be negitive, just trying to save somebody else the trouble.
Wow. I'm really sorry you feel you got duped. I can certainly understand your dissappointment if you were expecting to get real reproduction Hurst wheels. Or if you paid the $2000 price for reproduction Hurst wheels and then got these wheels. But I hope you can see that our intent wasnt' to decieve you. If that were the case, every set of these wheels we send out would come back because as you said 'the CRAGAR logo is cast right on the rim! Why would we want to ship our wheel set after wheel set only to have customers see the CRAGAR logo and then return them? We made a special effort to create a unique adapter for the wheels that allows the original hurst cap to mount on these wheels because we thought these wheels have that classic Hurst look at a very reasonable price. That makes the wheel package a PY kit, not a CRAGAR kit. There is a super clear picture of the wheels and caps for you to decide how close they resemble the Hurst wheel. We could have modified the wheels and removed the logo but we did not for the very reason of what you are accusing us of. We didn't want to deceive the customer. We really didn't think the CRAGAR logo should be a negative.

Here's why we don't 'advertise' that they are CRAGAR wheels.

From a marketing standpoint, Aftermarket wheels are notoriously 'shopped'. Everyone that buys a set of aftermarket wheels will simply search for the best price and buy from that source. We lose the sale but more importantly, you get a set of wheels that you CAN'T install the Hurst caps on. So by offering these wheels as a complete $900 package, we feel perfectly comfortable promoting them as a PY product, not a CRAGAR product and we end up helping the customer avoid a lot of frustration.

Anyway, we're going to listen to the phone conversation you had with one of our staff and if they in any way were deceptive, we'll do a call tag and have the wheels picked up and a full refund will be issued. Even if the staff was not deceptive, as always, anything purchased from PY is returnable for a refund.