View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 05:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks for the input,,This car was put away sometime around 1980 with 16000 miles on it, with its original born with polyglas front tires. they where in remarkable condition when I got the car around 2007, I drove it a little with them and they didn't shake, I later put the radials on and the car was not aligned since I have owned it, maybe never. All the ball joints, steering parts, idler arm etc. are tight. I then put the repos on and now about 65 miles an hour you can start to feel a shake. If I pick up the car on jack stands and spin the wheels , some more than others they are all over the place, Its hard to tell by looking at the photos because its only a still of one part of the tire at a time. a couple of the tires took very large weights to balance. I remember working for a goodyear store back in 1981 and once in a while I would put a wheel on the balancer and run some yellow chalk on it to show a person just how bad they needed a new one. Thats how these feel, like if a tire guy reached down and just rubbed there hand across the top they would look at me and smile. I was just hoping to maybe find others who purchased these tires and could say, "wow mine where not like that" so that I could feel alittle better about having them send me 4 more ,, I would hate to just get more of the same, I'm guessing that as my luck would have it I just got some bad ones. Since I purchased another tire and it is not shaped all screwy. also there are weights on the other side in addition to the ones in the photo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-001F.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	331131   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-003F.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	331132   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-005F.jpg
Views:	44