View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Im not claiming to have the definitive answer, And I am the first to embrace inovation. All I am saying is I think there needs to be line where it is either a Pontiac -- or its not. Kinda like the athlete that wants to compete as a women ----- but tests as a Man. George, your condition that if it bolts to a Pontiac block its a Pontiac, what if the lifter bores are moved - additional head bolts are added and it has a one off type crank to make it all come together, and you bolt some Sonny's semi hemi heads on that bad boy - Is it a Pontiac ?? And Tom, lets face it, there are way more index or bracket class racers than there are heads up -its just the reality of it all, so is the absolute ultimate combo needed to be able to compete in those classes needed--No. Its the same in the Chev camp -- is a 5.3 in bore space 11.2 in tall deck really a chevrolet when it sports symetrical aftermarket heads ??
They are porpous built race engines -- far and away from Chev's. And if you bolted a set of stock RA V heads on that block -- is it a Pontiac ?? Its very convoluted to say the least.