View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 11:35 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfw7849 View Post
I believe you are absolutely correct about the difference between 64-65 cars with mechanical linkage and manual transmission and earlier cars which used vacuum control on Pontiacs with either manual or automatic transmissions. In fact I was able to find out from OPR that their manufacturer/supplier did specifically mention the later GTOs with automatic transmission in their description of the vacuum canister applications. However, OPG showed no interest in pursuing this question with their supplier in order to correct the error in their catalog which said it to be used only on 59-65 Pontiacs with automatic transmissions. This surprises me since I would have thought OPR would have wanted to correct the error once it had been brought to their attention.
I was getting the same run around from all parts houses concerning drip rail molding for my 62 Catalina 2dr post. I thought because no one sells the stuff for a post car that I could just buy it in bulk from the supplier. I get the point that these places don't want someone doing a end run around them to the supplier, but their unwillingness to obtain it and sell it to you in bulk is just a control issue.