View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 03:23 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up July 2014 High Performance Pontiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastings View Post
Not sure how I missed this forum, as it looks like a great source for the Pontiac enthusiast! I've owned my gto since 97... It was originally just a plain jane 400 350hp 4 speed car -- it was painted orbit orange with judge stripes in 92 and was used as the 2nd car in "dazed and confused".

It currently has a 70 455 with #13 heads and an m-21. Over the past 10 years the car has been repainted, new vinyl top, new interior, rebuilt front suspension and so on.... It runs ok on today's gasoline -- working on a more suitable drive-train for modern fuel. Even when gas was still gas it would tend to ping on hot summer days. (It does have forged pistons and has held up well). I have a 73 455 with 6x heads sitting on my engine stand -- I may swap that in and see how it does.

Back in the late 90's I drove the car roundtrip from NC - AZ two different times! As of lately it's spent a good bit of time in the garage but I'm planning on driving it a lot more this year.

Looks like a great forum; looking forward to contributing...

Congrats on the July 2013 HPP write up. Got mine in mail yesterday and quick scanned article. Lots of nice color photo and story content. Nice to see it there and good to have you here on PY too. Note: You are in their "1970 GTO" issue.