View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 01:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hi Dead: I looked at the harness I took out of the parts car ... looks like I did it really well without cutting wires ... it is an a/c car and I see the differences in how they wired both units ...

I'm going to use the harness from the parts car (after checking for continuity and resistance where necessary) ... then check out the accessories to make sure they work.

I think I already have a sending unit for the rally gauges ... I'll check my stash of parts that I used for my '65 Bonnie when I had it. I hope I bought one and didn't get gun shy by Sue's saying "another part?" lolol If I don't have one I'll get one somehow ... or maybe we need to have these made up and do a run of 500? LOL

took tires off the GP today and started removing the 8 lugs off the parts car to switch them but had to go out. I need to move the parts car (GP) out in order to put the running '66 Bonnie in that garage when it comes back with me on Monday night ...

I began restoring a really nice a/c dash pad today and it's starting to come out amazing ... gotta finish it next week but upon looking at my 4 dash pads I now know that the '65 and '66 are totally different. Not only the front edge shapes ('65 blunt angle and '66 rounded edge) but also the center a/c vent is TOTALLY different. The '65 has a much smaller "hump" in the pad and a smaller a/c vent which has straight sides ... the '66 is a much larger "hump" and the larger a/c vent is shaped on an angle coming down the sides to fit into the larger "hump" of the pad.)

I will have a restored '65 a/c pad to sell or trade for a similar '66 pad if anyone is interested ... I'll paint the '65 any color you want OR leave it in primer when it's done for you to paint.

Also I will have a restored '65 a/c pad with atc to either sell or trade for an a/c '66 pad. This pad is in such nice shape with only one "nick" in the pad ... it is turquoise and someone can use it as it with no issues if they want to ...

I have a core '66 a/c dash pad (probably 2) that will be available ... very reasonable ... one black and one turquoise ... for sale or trade (with me adding $$$) for a '66 a/c dash pad!

1970 GTO Convertible 455 Ram Air M-21, Atoll/Blue/Black, Hood Tach, 3:31 12-Bolt Posi, A/C, Console

1966 Grand Prix 421 Tripower 4spd, Marina Turquoise/Turquoise, a/c, console, posi, reverb. pa, pb, ps, remote mirror, mats

2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic, 6spd Hemi, Detonator Yellow, black stripe, black leather