View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 10:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Landis View Post
I know I saw a family turn around and walk out with several small children because they were charging $5 a piece to see the cars inside. Also...my son couldn't make it yet was not able to get his $90 entry fees refunded. I thought we were trying to introduce new blood into the hobby? And anyone who pre-registers is silly. This does not sound like a formula to grow an ailing hobby...and I can list a few more drawbacks but I simply want to suggest a remedy...not bash anyone in particular. Our club hosted several National events and successful ones I might add. These are just some of the discouraging changes I've picked up on. That and a lack of drag races are all tough to overcome when trying to convince folks to spend their precious vacation time not to mention hard earned dollars at your event. Gas at $4+ cannot help either. I didn't see very many of the "regulars" there at all. Anyone hear what the total count was?
Must be a host club thing about the refund. I had preregistered for last year's CoVention and when I couldn't attend I got a refund check in the mail. I was pleasantly surprised as I wasn't expecting it. The Drag Racing has been part of the event going way back into the mid 80's. I hope this isn't a start of a trend. I know for a fact that there are a lot of Pontiac racers that don't preregister and just show up on race day. If I were on the fence about going, the cancellation of the drag racing would certainly make my mind up to stay home.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT