View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 11:44 AM
Ames Staff Member

Warpath I am sorry to hear about you frustration with the insulators. I have on my desk a repro and the original it was made from. Other than the locater pins being .040 smaller the repro is a match. This diference does not effect fit or functionality. Originals will appear molded in a "U" shape but they were in fact molded flat. After 40+ years they take shape of the bracket. To instal repro I put the pins in the bracket holes first this creates a "W" side profile then push down on the center and it seats into the bracket nicely. It is a bit tricky, when you first look at them they look to long.
We really try our best to offer quality product. We have quality notes throughout our catalog and system trying to prevent any surprises. We are not just selling the product we are also the end users like our customers,Pontiac owners and enthusiasts. This helps us better serve you the customer. If anyone has any problems or concerns please notify us asap so that we have a chance to address it. In this case it seems to just be a tricky install.