View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 03:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thankyou NHpontiac74. Great to have a staffer join in here. Again greatful for your comments. The discussion has brought ccass to bezaar statements of his own irresponsible jump at conclusions without investigation and Heybuck to be obsessed with other peoples anus`s, which is disturbing to say the least. I guess he is FROM DOWN UNDER as he notes in his avitar.

I will be recieving a couple NOS 539476 insulators in a couple days. (can`t seem to locate a 3rd NOS example) A visit with the gent indicates that your insulators ARE the same length, 4 5/16 also verified in the early 1964 Master Parts Cat. The pins may be mislocated in the repro and definitiely are way small which exposes almost 1/2 of the anchor hole and does not secure the insulator to the core support.
I also have semi-access to the 1964 Tempest Product Guide which is more than the assembly manual but also shows engineering drawings and revisions. I don`t own this but must submit any questions and then wait. The 50 year old pages were poor even then having been printed on very thin paper stock. I have requested a copy of any drawings serving 539476. I can report back if anyone has an interest.

Again NH I appreciate your comments and GOOD LUCK with the PY acquisition.

Last edited by War eagle; 03-09-2015 at 03:53 PM.