View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 10:52 PM

Default 4gc parts for the automatic

Just BARELY missed an Ebay auction today of a complete 4gc off a '62 Tempest 4bbl with the automatic trans and it had everything...dashpot w/bracket, throttle return spring bracket, and even the kickdown linkage cube on the linkage and has that fitting for the tranny vacuum between the 2 idle screws. My 4gc is pretty much all set to go, it's been rebuilt but man, that kickdown cube is one thing I wish I could've gotten, the first time I ever saw a photo of one. I had a guy at my work make a kickdown bracket...a longer version of the 1bbl bracket...hope that one will work and for the tranny vacuum, I made a hardline out of 1/4"brake line and beveled the end to go into the hole between the idle screws (the fitting itself is gone) and flared the other end to run a hose from that to fitting on the hardline.

But the noneless, I'm still looking for an automatic 4gc, even if it's just the base with the fitting and has the linkage parts. Dashpot's not important but if you have a bracket (I have a NOS dashpot), I'll take it if you don't need or want it! 2nd one I've lost on Ebay so far lol

Last edited by DeeRock Lemans; 04-14-2015 at 11:42 PM.