View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 10:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Not that the first one to the ticket booth wins anything.

Quote:
Pete and Andy Woodruff as well as Steve Ames fully know how to produce a great Pontiac show/race. I doubt there are any people more qualified at doing such an undertaking in the US. From the beginning they knew that they needed as many participants as possible to make a success out of their show and didn't limit corporate powered cars from their race or show. If they did the event known as Norwalk would not exist as it now does, it would be a little rinky dink show with nothing but pre 1981 cars and I doubt it would be half of what it now is.
I thought originally it was for the 'up to 81' Pontiacs.
(like Steve Barcak's Pontiac Heaven event)

I look at it as any day of the week I am racing the 'other' brands.
I am die hard Pontiac, bleed Pontiac, and race Pontiac.

The only reason I go to the 'Pontiac' events is because there is only Pontiacs there.
And the races I run I want it to be Pontiac powered (not corporate).
(as I wouldn't expect Super Chevy to cater to other brands)
They usually have classes for the other Pontiacs to race, just not in the Pontiac engine classes.
(like Super Pro at Norwalk)

I have no problem with N2RacingV8's racing his Pontiac, just expect a Pontiac event to be mainly for the early Pontiac engine.
If he likes racing as he said, no problem, there is always a track running somewhere.

This being a Pontiac event and put on by Pontiac people, they can set there rules up as they see fit.

Now possibly if they decide they need more money, they can expand to a BOP event like Zeek probably did because they couldn't pull the people.
(and still couldn't get a turn-out?)

N2RacingV8's, are you racing where George is at this week?
There you can race all you want and have a chance to win a lot more money.
(and have some Pontiacs there)

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates