View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 11:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird69 View Post
It is entertaining to see how the threats of "skull dragging" and "donkey stomping" have changed to whining about "fancy hardware". Internet bullies always seem to lose their courage when someone actually stands up to them.

Our most recent trip to the dyno was just to try a few things. It's called R & D. We already knew what the motor would do.

I already had the carbs, so that is no big deal. The big single fo is Bill's. He wanted me to try it to get some data on it. No money out of pocket there. I bought the Star vacuum pump set up from a road racing buddy of mine a couple years ago. You wouldn't believe me if I told you how little I paid for it. It's just been sitting in a box in the garage, so I thought I would give it a try. It's very pretty (blue and red) and matches our decorating scheme.

We took a little bit of the money we saved by NOT buying billet heads and bought a better, safer oiling system. Think of it like this: If Jack's motor goes “boom”, he dumps 2 gallons of oil under his tires and gets close and personal with the wall. If my motor goes “boom”, I simply pull the chute and live to race another day. It's a no brainer.

Besides, if it's good enough for Ron Rhodes, it's good enough for me, lol.

Dick Fulton
... ...