View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 07:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyB View Post
I'm no baseball fan, even though my Grandfather was a MLB pitcher way back in the day......I remember seeing Rose play, with passion and I respect that. And yes, he brought this on himself.

But.... he didn't throw games, wasn't juiced, didn't beat Ty Cobb's record by being juiced, didn't beat Women or Children, didn't get in a shoot out at a bar, didn't sell drugs or do drugs......he bet on his team to Win, he has a gambling problem......That's the biggest Sin here?

He's being punished for not kissing MLB's suit & ties butt that's all.

So Bonds, A-Rod, McGuire and the rest of them cheated.....let me repeat that.....Cheated and kept their records, going to the Hall? But Pete gets a life time ban for betting on his team to win???.....BS!

Yes they will let him in the Hall, after he dies.......A Shame IMO.

Sadly, this is a commentary on what America has become. There is no wrong or right anymore. If enough people are doing it and social media accepts it, it becomes acceptable and the norm.

When players walk into any clubhouse in any stadium in baseball, they see this rule: "Any player, umpire, or club official or employee, who shall bet any sum whatsoever upon any baseball game in connection with which the bettor has no duty to perform shall be declared ineligible for one year. Any player, umpire, or club or league official or employee, who shall bet any sum whatsoever upon any baseball game in connection with which the bettor has a duty to perform shall be declared permanently ineligible." This has been the case for nearly 100 years, since the game was almost destroyed by a betting scandal. There are now rules posted in clubhouses about banned substances that cannot be taken. But they have only been there for the past decade, and a lifetime ban occurs after three offenses, not one.

Seems pretty clear to me, so why are so many people sympathetic to someone who out of weakness of character, chose to ignore a MLB policy of conduct?