View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 11:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtomike1967 View Post
AMCMike, I don't really know what "caster" is so I cant really answer your question. I assume the front suspension is stock but I really don't know. I see people posting about running 15" wheels so im a little surprised that mine rub so much when I don't really think the tires are that big?
Thank you
Here's a site that explains caster http://www.vikingspeedshop.com/suspe...aster-and-toe/

If someone tried to dial in a lot of positive caster with factory upper control arms, then it would put the tire closer to the fender lip (hence my question). If that were the case, you have two options: Have an alignment shop reduce caster (this will be a trade off in handling as you'll notice in reading the link), or purchase lower control arms with built in additional caster (such arms will pull the wheel more forward and add even more positive caster). I think GlobalWest and DSE make lower control arms with built in added caster. They also use Delrin solid bushings which will further improve handling, and actually improve ride as well.