View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 10:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqhead View Post
Yeah, the person I got the 200 Amp alternator required a 4 gauge wire between the two as a 4 gauge is required if 200 Amp's of charging is necessary. I ran that initially but really didn't like it or agree that a small terminal like that on the back of the alternator really should have a "battery cable" size connection. So I changed it to a 10 gauge...

Also, 2 years ago I went through and redid all the wiring under the hood with new wire. I used a 10 gauge wire from the back of the alternator that connects to the starter and ties into the main power line to the fuse box and blower fan. My connections were all soldered.

With that said, after my testing yesterday it makes it a bit confusing. So I'm going to remove the connection from alt battery to battery "B" first and then go through the testing Clay suggested.

FYI, my voltage sensing wire on the alternator is a direct connection to the alternator battery post.
That should go directly to the battery, unless the wire from alternator battery post to the battery is very short.

520-409-7236
Koerner Racing Engines
You killed it, We build it!
520-294-5758

64 GTO, under re-construction, 412 CID, also under construction.
87 S-10 Pickup, 321,000 miles
99Monte Carlo, 293,000 miles
86 Bronco, 218,000 miles