View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 06:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Our 1st gen is a 69 Z28. A little different than most 1st gens since these were designed with a little handling in mind from the start. Different rate springs and a lower ride height than any other 1st gen Camaro. With it's quicker steering box it's actually a very nimble car that drives through the mountains nicely.

Our 70 Formula is certainly a more refined car, with the addition of a rear sway bar that 1st gen Z's never had, it also has a low ride height, quick box, and handling is nice. It's probably a better handler than the Z but to be honest, driving up through the same mountain roads, considering I'm not a road racer, I can't tell much of a difference between the two.

I can tell you which is my favorite though. The Z is much more fun with a high winding engine and a 4 gear behind it.

The Z does have a slight advantage being that it's also much lighter. It's only 3240 lbs. and my 70 Formula scales at 3690 lbs, without me in it. That's starting to get heavy for a car you want to toss around corners, but I do think it rides just a tad nicer than the Z does.

My A-body is an SS chevelle, already has the F41 suspension with front/rear sway bars, boxed lower control arms, etc...so it's already got an edge in handling over some other A-bodies. I like the ride quality overall better than any of the F-bodies. But it's also a bigger car, and scales 4,108 lbs with me sitting in it. Still more comfortable for everyone though.