View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 11:34 AM

I have only been able to trace back one of my cars histories. I am the fifth owner of this Bonneville and I bought it in 2014 and have done a total restoration on it. I bought it from a member on here who was the fourth owner and in the glove box there was an old registration from a previous owner. I Googled his name and was able to contact him and he provided me with other previous owners. He bought the car in 1980 from an elderly lady with a beehive hairdoo who bought the car from her neighbor man who bought the car new. The car never left the Raleigh North Carolina area until I bought it. The third owner provided me with pictures of the car when he drove it for his wedding in 1982. Now if I could only find the dealership where it was originally purchased that would be great. With this information I was able to solve one mystery with the car. The passenger's side door trim fasteners were different than the drivers side. I was told that the original owner had a collision and had to have the door repaired. I am pretty sure that the entire door was replaced because there is no indication of damage or body filler. Fun facts to know.