View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 08:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Held for Ransom View Post
On NADA, when I looked at a '74 Formula 455 w/Rally II wheels, I got a 20% and 5% increase on $15,300, for $19,125 (of course it asked for my zip). Add another 10-20% for RA??? I may be a little low on my estimates, but not by much.
Yes, you have to add some sort of value for the ram air option. Should be a substantial amount too. Just look at the reported numbers. Only 1478 of these 455 cars sold new. Add the ram air option and it's said you have 160. It's no wonder that most of these estimation sites don't even list that option to add a percentage for this car.

By 1974 there just weren't many people ordering cars with 455's, let alone cars sneaking out with functional hoods. So to find one 43 years later...well....

If it were me selling a real documented 74 455 Formula ram air muscle car that runs and drives in this condition with a rock solid paper trail, I wouldn't take a penny less than $20k here, and I'm confident it would sell easily at that price. Anyone that wanted it for less I'd tell them to keep looking, this car isn't for you.
These cars are getting older and harder to find every day, good ones more so. As the car gets older, the price just goes up, They don't get cheaper. If you plan to keep the car for at least a few years, the car should appreciate at least a small amount. As the 70-73's continue to climb in price and out of reach for most, the 74 and up will continue to gain in popularity. This is already happening to some degree.