View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 10:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default How bad vendors filter negative feedback from eBay… specifically The Parts Place.

Many years ago I bought a power window set from “The Parts Place” for a first gen firebird. When I received it, the switches were made of plastic. They were cheap junk that you would never put into a car. After going round-and-round with them refusing to take the part back (this was well over 10 years ago), I left negative feedback and swore I’d never buy another thing from The Parts Place.

Skip forward to a couple of weeks ago… I have a set of 69 Firebird Rally gauges that has a missing face plate. I saw the one listed on eBay and bought it from the Parts Place. It was cheap enough and if it looked good that’s all I needed. When I received it, it was deformed and the font was clearly not a Firebird, but rather a GTP/GP font.

I sent them a message asking to send it back. After the second snarky e-mail claiming the part was good, they again refused. I left them negative feedback as the part was also deformed, which is why they were selling the face only. This is the part:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Firebi...0AAOSwy~BaC2JW

A week goes by and I check my eBay account and find that the negative I left feedback was removed by eBay. I called them tonight asking why, wanting to warn others of the junk they were selling. After talking to two customer service reps, I was told the reason they removed it was because I had “extorted” them. What?

In their response to me, they asked me to remove the negative feedback. I told them I would, as I was trying to get what I paid for, but only if they sent me the correct part. They then used this exchange of dialog to claim I was “extorting” them.

In the end, the part remains for sale as a Firebird when it’s not, eBay isn’t going to do a damn thing about it, and the Parts Place store of junk repo parts will chug on. Moral of the story is the Parts Place junk store is selling junk and the feedback score is far from what it should be.