View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 09:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971455HO View Post
While we're on the subject of someone trying to reunite a "born with" engine back to it's rightful place, the odds are staggering, I would like to know where would be the right place to post such a question on this forum. Although I've been warned here about the perils of someone cloning your car, I guess it would involve listing the entire numerical sequence your looking for. Anybody know the safe way to ask/post our community that question? I'm guessing the Classifieds based on B-man remarks. My original YE has been missing for I know 38 years. Wouldn't mind finding it if I had to weld on it & sleeve all 8 cylinders. Just wondering.
You could try here.
http://www.wallaceracing.com/lostengine.html

I have a 1967 WZ engine less intake and carb. Would be correct for manual transmission Firebird 400. No clue if the car is still out there though but I submitted the EUN anyway. If anyone ever contacts me and they can prove that engine is for their car then I would sell or trade for another like engine. I don't need to make a profit, I would just want to be made whole and have the satisfaction that another car could be more complete than before.