View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by "QUICK-SILVER" View Post
Did it ever work right? If it worked and then failed...Have you had any other problems; like over charging?

Found this from 2010 over on Team Camaro. Posting link for info and future reference. May or may not have any relevance to what's going on here.
https://www.camaros.net/forums/19-el...-problems.html

I'd say definately need to find out why the tach lead/coil (-) is turning in to a transmitting antenna when it's hooked up. Could just be a stray spark caused by a plug wire problem. Or maybe a coil ground problem. Either under the dust cap or where it screws down with the radio capacitor inside the distributor.

Going to need a good radio to figure out what's going on..If anything is.

Clay
It was working great until I hooked up that tach.
Interesting read in that link. I don't know if there was a voltage surge that might have caused an issue but I wasn't paying attention to the gauge. I checked the leads with a meter after I started having this problem and everything is within range. I've been paying attention to the gauge and it has gone up to 14 every now and then when I get on it but usually hovers around 11. I have a new radio on the way, not sure if I want to hook up the tach again and take a chance or just leave it out.