View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 06:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I am still debating whether to put the injectors in the usual location directly over the head port entrance, but I like the idea of the injectors being further from the valves for the cooling of the charge air and improved dispersion of the fuel droplets. I have decided not to use the 2" spacers to site the injectors - the choice now is either in the manifold runners just under the carb flange and pointing down the opposite ports, or in the normal location in the manifold runners just above the head ports. I feel there would be a slight power increase in siting the injectors up higher in the manifold (just like a carb usually gives more power because of the fuel vaporisation process versus efi) but it's whether the potential power increase would be worthwhile. If the idea didn't work it would be a fair bit of work to re-do it all......
I understand the effects of turbulence within the manifold and I believe that the reversal of flows within the manifold would probably pull fuel from one runner to another even if the fuel is injected right at the valve - given that fuel is injected at the back of a closed valve in a lot of instances anyway.