View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 08:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I go to shows because 1. I like to drive my car, and it gets boring running around the block every weekend 2. I love old cars and find it enjoyable to look at the other cars there 3. Meet up with friends I only see at car shows.
Honestly, if I won a trophy I would be ecstatic! , however that is not in any of the above reasons I attend. The very first show/cruise night I took my car to, I won a trophy. I was excited, and flattered, and it was an unexpected bonus. However, over the last 3 years and many shows and events I have yet to be invited back to the trophy stand. I have won a few door prizes, which to me is just as good. Most of the local shows have the same cars, which gets a little stale after awhile. I know some of the people and also know of a few that are 'hunters'. I have heard the complaints about judges not knowing, or friends always win, etc. Doesn't really bother me, refer back to the 3 reasons I attend. Last couple I went to I didn't even clean my car, just a quick dust off (may be the reason for no trophy ). Will be heading to the SVGTO show this weekend, no expectations, but its about a 2 hr ride so it should be fun.