Thread: Chrome
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 07:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYSTR455 View Post
A '64 has aluminum trim? I think it's all stainless for those year, but not sure?

Pot metal pieces, whew. It's off the charts these days. I sent some grill surrounds out for quotes and all were in the $700-$1400 range. Insanity. There was very little pitting, and were an easy job IMO, required very little repair.

That was from 3 of the well-known east coast places, I didn't try any in the mid-west and left-coast. Shipping, insurance, and time was also a factor, all of which I could have saved.

I had a local guy do my stainless, it was 'affordable', but the quality was reflected by the price. At least he didn't destroy anything, and it came out great for driver-quality, which is basically what I was looking for. I had the brand new repop stuff polished at the same time so it all matched.

On the grill surrounds I have, I just polished them as best I could and used them. I figure down the road I can go back and replace it if I want.

No it’s definitely aluminum. I’ve already had some of it played.