View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 02:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had been looking at the Fabcraft photos on their website and thought it showed the sway bar link on the inside of the frame. And indeed the instructions from 56GMC show it that way. I should have remembered this sooner but the attached photo from the 61 shop manual shows the factory sway bar and it has the link on the OUTSIDE of the frame. No tail pipe interference that way although it would probably seem close to the tire.

Either way.,the holes that exist on the inside only of my frame that I thought were for the sway bar are not like those shown in the shop manual and are only on the inside of the frame. The holes I was looking at are in line front to back and not staggered like the shop manual or the Fabcraft instructions.

It looks like to have the link located on the outside of the frame you would want the eyes of the sway bar to be 54-55 inches wide. Anyway I would need to drill the holes to match either mounting arrangement. And to drill the holes the gas tank might need to be dropped. But mine is currently full and mixed with Sta-bil for the winter. SO I have time to think about this a while. At least as I have a 61 both holes exist in the axel mount. Maybe when I was in McKinney TX last week I should have driven over to Southlake to Fabcraft and looked at one of the sway bars.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	525401