View Single Post
Old 12-21-2019, 02:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That is the correct product, but the #5896 is the large squeeze tube kit and I believe it may be discontinued. 3M makes that same product in a smaller squeeze tube kit under #5895, as well as the Easymix #5887 twintube packaging but you need a special gun to squeeze it out. The 3M products are not cheap but they are very high quality.

The product doesn't mention rubber, but what you need to look for is "epoxy based" and "flexible repair". According to the Bodyshop forum, the things you DON'T want to use are urethane based products, polyester based products, or anything listed as for rigid or semi-rigid repairs. Epoxy based + flexible is what you want.

Also note that 3M owns the Bondo brand and they offer an epoxy flexible repair kit in small tubes under the part # 806C. I have tried the all three of the 3M versions I referenced above, as well as the Bondo version and they all work well but the 3M products were noticeably easier to sand. The Bondo tubes are also quite small so if you have a lot or repairs to do you will need several kits.

There are other manufactures that produce a comparable product (Norton, SEM, etc.) but I have never tried those.

Note that I am not a body man, just a hobbiest...

1970 Oshawa built 1 option Judge. 24 year restoration/upgrade project finally finished!

1979 Trans Am - low-buck drag car project for when I retire
The Following User Says Thank You to mrennie For This Useful Post: