View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 09:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't have a specific model in mind; however:

(1) Spend some quality time with your daughter scanning pictures of cars on the internet. Always nice to spend quality time with children; AND you will make points with your daughter because you are asking for HER opinion. Ask her to come up with a list of 4 or 5 in which she might be interested.

(2) Once she has come up with such a list, make an appointment with your friendly car insurance agent; to determine if any or all are on the "cannot insure until you are 18" list.

And I am probably in a minority of one, but (assuming she likes it) I would look for something rear wheel drive; or if it has front wheel drive, then it would be all wheel drive. Front wheel drive is easier for a novice to get moving on slick roads, but MUCH more likely with virtually any driver to slide off of slick roads. The ratio of fwd:rwd is now so skewed that the todays statistics would be meaningless; but when the ratio was maybe 50:50 one could drive down a slick highway and 90 percent of the cars off the road were front wheel drive.

But most important, use the opportunity as a father/daughter bonding time.

Jon.

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.