View Single Post
Old 06-25-2020, 08:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by etd66ss View Post
I'm curious, where do you get your sheet metal from? I have a habit, before going and looking at a rusty project car to look on the AMD website for sheet metal. If AMD does not even make the QTR's, I won't bother looking at the car. I like AMD specifically because they use correct gauge sheet metal, and so far their tooling seems to be about the best out there. Do BOP cars have their own version of Auto Metal Direct to source QTR's, doors skins & shells, fenders, wheel houses etc? I have become allergic to the thin gauge Asian sheet metal panels and simply will not use them anymore.

I see NOS or very good used 72 GTO fenders online selling for crazy money, and not sure there are even any repos available?
Its funny you say that I have a friend that had a pair of NOS quarters for his 71 GTO and he sold them 20 years ago for $3500.00 for the pair. I thought that was crazy money back then. And the messed part was he had the car for them, actually a convertible.

1978 Black & Gold T/A [complete 70 Ram Air III (carb to pan) PQ and 12 bolt], fully loaded, deluxe, WS6, T-Top car - 1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air numbers matching Julep Green - 1971 T/A 455, 320 CFM Eheads, RP cam, Doug's headers, Fuel injection, TKX 5 Spd. 12 Bolt 3.73, 4 wheel disc. All A/C cars