View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 03:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What is the best hyd roller lifter? This is a very interesting question and there is no solid answer. This is because The big names, Lunati, Comp Cams, Crane, Isky, etc... do not manufacture their own lifters they just repackage others. To further complicate things these companies change vendors on a regular basis so one time you might get a quality product and the next a POS. There are two major manufactures that I am aware of that make hyd roller lifters in the USA and that is Hy-Lift Johnson and Johnson. Both made in Michigan. Paul Carter uses the Hy-Lift Johnson's with good success and David Butler very recently told me that Johnson Lifter is preferred by engine builders. Because of the COVID plandemic Hy-Lift Johnson was shut down for a while they are back up running now but not currently making their hyd rollers for Pontiac they are filling back orders for the bigger sellers when they get caught up they hopefully will resume making them for Pontiacs. I suggest you get either Hy-Lift Johnson or Johnson Lifter brand.