View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 07:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYSTR455 View Post
Compushift has definable values, the USShift has pre-programmed 'modes', so you generally have to pick a 'mode' and make limited changes to it.

The CompuShift has fields you can actually input values into, not pre-programmed stuff.

Or that at least how I saw it, could be mistaken, it's been about 3-4 mo that I looked at the data, and my comments were consolidated ones from that previous research, if you get what I mean.

I've never physically held a USShift unit in my hand, or set one up, so that would have to be taken into account.

I don't see a 'burnout' mode as being any great benefit, you can manage a burnout when the trans program is 'right' without any 'feature'. If you want more line psi for a burnout, you set it. Done. In general, you can 'drive' on that 'program' without any difficulty, if you catch my drift.

I can't see where locking up the converter for a burnout has any benefit, and that's the only thing I can think of that might be of value for a burnout. And you generally wouldn't lock up in 1st or 2nd gear in normal driving.

Maybe I'm not understanding the feature, but regardless, the CompuShift is considerably more expensive, and you can get around the missing 'management' with the USShift unit.

The controller ignores the upshift command while in the box. This prevents a shift while doing a burnout.