View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 08:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben M. View Post
The only ones I've never been able to gravity bleed are the really modern cars with solenoids in the line, usually a regenerative energy recovery braking - hybrids and electronic cars. Those require a diagnostic hookup and a computer.
Unless I live to be 100, I don't see any hybrids, or electrics in my future, and yes those would be the cars I was talking about that would require a separate source to operate the brake system independently of the onboard brake system. Mike Garblik recently made a post that certain systems required an auxiliary control to bleed them, I thought he said a scanner, but it could have been a computer to command the system.

Anyway, if I did live to 100 doubtful I'd be working on my own stuff or anyone else's. My mother just turned 99 at the beginning of this month, and rides a scooter because of the impairment of her left leg, add to that arthritis. Scooters have manual brakes, no bleeding required, but the are electric powered.............LOL

Maybe Tesla will be making scooters by then. I could pull wheelies in the halls of the assisted living center...........

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated